Thriller opening

Monday 4 March 2013

Editing-Part 2


The first thing I chose to edit this time was the length of the individual shots because I was not satisfied with how much the viewer was able to see in each shot. I also felt that by making some shots longer it would emphasis the importance of that particular shot. This was easily done but when putting the longer shots back in it changed the time line because there was not enough space so it took a bit of time to correct it.

Changed lengths of shots


The Foley sound did not take up much time to do because we had to use a camera to capture the sound then we uploaded it into final cut with the rest of the footage. After I cut the sound down to just the part I wanted, and deleted the video part. I still had to delete the sound to the original shot and then match up the Foley sound to the shot. The only part that took a bit of time was when I had to carefully listen to which part of the Foley sound I felt would work best with the footage.
Final shot with Foley sound
Editing Foley sound to selected footage



At this point we only had the draft of the soundtrack because the pianist was not able to record until the following week, however it still sounds pretty good. The soundtrack was put in to go with the footage, with there being none of the original sounds mainly because the is no dialogue in my thriller opening. The only problem I had with the sound track was placing in the right place so the music changes when there is changes in the footage such as when she opens her eyes. This was difficult because it required me to use trial and error to be able to do it successfully, and is also the reason it took up quite a bit of time.

Soundtrack put in the correct place

No comments:

Post a Comment